Thread: DSC/DD in 2007
View Single Post
Old 28-Sep-2006, 22:35
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
Spoke to Couch today and this was the basis of our conversation.

Being new to Desmo Due/racing this year i have noticed the following.

1. The DSC has no flagship point in the paddock.If its "our" series and your an outsider where do you start.
Nearest weve got is AK and Ck,s tent if you ask me.
Okay did see a big flag at Snett i think but don,t no who where what and i,m in the paddock.

2.Who is the DD point of contact on race day.No idea personally.
Still have not met all the riders in the paddock.Ive been lucky because running at the front and crashing means you attract people who want to laugh at the afflicted/ help fix your bike, so you meet people that way.If you are a newcomer and not from a area with a strong club presence i can see that being difficult.Can we find away of supporting these people.
Would a DD co ordinater figure be possible,even if it meant someone who could say heres racer so and so he will show you what to do.

3.Same place in the paddock great idea if it could be preplanned like at Combe.[also means i don,t have to walk so far to fetch bits for my latest crash]

4.More women,definately and cakes and biscuits.

5.How about intergrating area ride outs into the race meets more with Ducati parking area dealer involvement etc.

6Never had a sticker kit this year.Not from the club,shell or Pirelli etc.
Never seen any involvement from them in the series either except for the much appreciated oil pack.

7.Didn,t meet anyone from the club management thing until Paul James at Donington,and reintroduced at Snetterton.Never met Chris Bushell et all. Should that be important.Er don,t no
Have met Lizzie though very nice lady.
The paddock is full of some cracking people though.All highly amusing.Pity people are missing out

8.Whats Suzy Perry up to.Not on my telly anymore cant she help out.Sure we could find some cakes for her.Didn,t she have a Monster.Get her signed up.

Okay drivel over. Any thoughts!

Last edited by Griff 64 : 28-Sep-2006 at 22:54.