View Single Post
Old 14-Sep-2009, 12:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
About the only thing that's not on your list is the crankshaft position sensor and the RPM sensor. As I recall, the P8 needs both these sensors because it picks up TDC on one pot from the crankshaft sensor as the flywheel comes round, then times how long it takes to get the pulse from the RPM sensor and works out how fast the engine is spinning from that - That's roughly it from memory anyhow.

I went through all that when my T8 was running on the vertical pot only, but in my case swapping the sensors out (and the ECU) didn't make any difference (my T8 is still faulty, but tucked up nice and warm waiting for me to get around to it again).

The other thing, that's next on my list, is to check out the wiring loom. As you know, the various sensor wires feed all the way back along the bike to the ECU under the saddle, then the ignition signals from the ECU go to the ignition amplifiers under the tail, then all the way back to the coils. The signals for the injectors and all the other stuff do this back and forth along the bike as well. I've tried everything else, so it's time to start bussing out the loom to see if I've got a break or a short anywhere - not unlikely with a 16 year old Italian electrical system

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^