View Single Post
Old 22-Feb-2006, 11:51
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Nattyboy, thinking of doing the same to the whale like rad on my yet to arrive S4RS and its equally gargantuan oil cooler. Is the strip available in a silver finish? Also interestingly you have attached the mesh to the rad using the fan retention mushroom head bolts. I think that look s really neat and only my fastidiousness makes me appreciate it even more. Is there enough reach on the bolts to allow for the added thickness of the mesh? I am not too keen on the use of tie wraps as they often distort the fins and I am a fussy barsteward. Lastly do B & Q do the mesh with a smaller hole pitch. I had one of those Australian made radguards on my 999 and the mesh was exactly the same hole size as that in the pics of yours. It stopped a lot of damage to the core but it ended up trapping a sh*t load of muck and bullets to the rad. Only problem I have now is a neat way of attaching the mesh to the oil cooler, given that I now know the one on the rad can be done with the fan bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Lastly what did you use to cut the mesh with. Will tin snips work is the gauge of the wire too thick for that.