Thread: Cadwell Today
View Single Post
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Did Chris mention the rain,sleet,snow and more rain what a day for weather..... Mark from Holbeach had my new hoops ready to fit on to my wheels so the first part of the day was sorting them out and getting them on the bike, then down to the club house to watch how things were going out on the track, a few brave souls were on road going bikes and tyres, while everyone else was on wets, not that there was any discrimination as bikes were going down on wets and road going tyres did not bode well for me going out on fresh untested rubber.

Leathers on and the one and only off of the day happened as Chris took the paddock stand while I was unbalanced and the bike dropped gracefully to the ground, much to the amusement of some young girls who just happened to be stood there still no damage done other than to my pride and my thoughts turned to the river and lakes that was once a race track.

From the off the new Dunlop's felt good and even though I was expecting to feel the back start to move out going through hall bends, hairpin and barn it stayed planted to the track, a few laps to try and scrub them a little, no point trying to get any heat in to them it was just not going to happen, anyway started to push a little harder, had one moment going through the lake that had formed up on park straight when the front went light for a few seconds aquaplaning across the surface, but that was about it, 5th lap in and I was starting to get a good feeling from them, going up the mountain the back was spinning up but not as much as it was on the Diablo's two weeks ago, I also had a few moments on the Diablo's two weeks back when although it was warmer it was still raining cats and dogs so it was still fresh in my memory and I soon found my self trusting the Dunlop's, however all too soon the cold had numbed my wet fingers to the point where I could no longer feel the brake lever, so called it a day packed up and headed home.

Conclusion,

I like the Dunlop's in the wet, so they should perform just as well if not better in the dry, maybe someone at brands tomorrow will be able to give some feed back, unless of course this weather decides to move down there

Paul