View Single Post
Old 08-Aug-2005, 17:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Martin does this mean the next run up Hartside I'm really going to have a struggle chasing you up there?

Bet you can wait to get some serious miles on her...

I feel a France trip coming on! Now where did I put those Helibars? Oh yes I just sold them!!

Hartside? I dont know if the extra 50 bhp on the 996 will help up there! I will have again to get used to not being able to see over the walls and into the dips etc, Scary!

I am partly blaming Lily for my renewed interest in the 996 because of 2 incidents at Raid the Lakes. One being when I was pottering along that road just after the petrol stop there I was wondering where everyone was and if I had gone on the correct road then I heard what I first assumed to be a Lancaster bomber she came past at a speed of about 80mph quicker than I was doing and made me jump, Lovely! The second was a few hours later following her and Gizmo up to Hartside and listening to those termis. Its funny how such little things have such a big effect. Thanks Lily.

I will be putting some miles on the R as soon as I get my hands on it! Cant wait.