View Single Post
Old 31-Jul-2006, 13:53
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Sounds like a good start to the 800s racing career, interested to hear you and others also suffered from clutch slip. I have to look at the clutch in my 750SSie before its 2nd Minitwins outing at Darley in two weeks time.
Doubt if I'll be seing any 3rd places especially as the bike still needs to loose some wait and needs the front end sorting.
I think I wiil try and fit in a few early nights before the meeting based on your comments and then hope no twonker rams into me at the hairpin.

So when you racing the 800 again

Well I haven't cured the problem with slip - it was still there. Less chronic than before but, there nonetheless. It really manifested itself when rolling on the gas in the mid-range in 3/4th gears making it impossible to use the mid-range grunt that the bike has. Rather oddly high revs didn't cause any issues but, I was losing corner exit speed because of it - probably to the tune of 2-3 seconds per laps. Even the 400's were able to out pull me out of corners initially but, I could get them back again in the high-speed esses and at the top-end. In a straight line the bike is extremely fast - ridiculously so. I'm gonna order a Barnett clutch pack from the USA this week.

I'm, not too worried as I'm not actually campaigning - the whole object of doing these few meetings is to iron out these sort of bugs for next year.

Next meeting for me is NG at Pembrey Sept'.

Re. early nights - I got a decent night's kip on Saturday and felt so much better for it - from now on I'm gonna try to get my bike fully prepped and ready at least a week before any meeting so, I can get a week's decent sleep beforehand. I really did feel below par on the Saturday and this didn't help me at all.

Sunday's results:

11th overall, 2nd in class
8th overall, 3rd in class.

Last edited by twpd : 31-Jul-2006 at 13:56.