View Single Post
Old 24-Dec-2006, 17:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
Yeah but it has proper brakes and suspension - the chassis spec is in another league compared to the Gixxer so that's where a fair amount of the wedge is going. Ohlins forks, Ohlins shock, Brembo radial calipers..no to mention the onboard telemetry, the wheels etc. So you're not comparing like with like.

I know

My IL4 is having another £1k spent on the suspension which takes it to the spec of the duc, it's then having another £1k on exhaust and PCIII which takes it to around 175 at the back wheel. I'm still only at £8500 then, also added a set of wheels and discs for when trackdays are wet and that's took me to £9k, another few bits and pieces and I'm still well over £3k less. All the duc has is looks and that's a personal thing altho to me the Duc does look better.
I do like the idea of telemetry but I'm guessing it's not a full system with suspension travel, wheel speeds, brake pressures etc as I can't see the rods and stuff around the suspension ?
it's something I will add to my bike as it's something I want to get into having briefly used a 2D system this year o nthe superstock bike.

I guess it's the economics of Ducati being smaller that means they can't make them much cheaper, a shame as I would have had one.