View Single Post
Old 01-May-2006, 18:44
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
Quote:
... reason why I decided to make a removable obturation with carbon plate in order to secure my engine !!!

The tank - well I don't think it should be open ! there was a carbon plate the works bikes used - not sure if it was the same arrangement as you have made, but looks very similar.
I'm modelling an all in one tank plate (if that's what we'll call it) with the carbon plate that sits between tank and headstock - right now it's in 3mm rubber sheet and when I'm happy with it I'll take a lay up from it (while it's all fitted up to the bike) to make a carbon version.
My home scanner is not working but I'll post up the works bike pics with the plate in place - they show the tank opening all closed up.
I only say this as I've never seen any action shots / complete bike shots with the tank open like a sharks mouth !
Essentially I'm worried about big pieces of rubbish punching through the mesh, or being shredded into pieces that will still cause damage, and would like to think that there's a foam filter in place to halt this.
I guess I was just looking to see if anybody had fitted a foam filter !
My airbox is all fitted up now so I'll post pictures and also post pics of my errrm rubber tank seal.
cheers

Neil