View Single Post
Old 23-Apr-2005, 00:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by hooley
[quote
I must admit that is for colour matched (the tank and mudguard are still original parts) - from RS Bikepaint. It's a 2 part pack. I've just been trying to track down this chap in town who is a Ducati single enthusiast and bodywork resprayer. Sounds like a useful bloke to meet!

If he's lending you an air-fed mask, because 2-pack paint gives off cyanide gas, and most require baking to harden the paint - you'll be fine.

A full fairing and seat unit will need about a litre for a few good coats, and matching the paint should not alter the price if you find a decent bodyshop supplier.

I just paid 12 quid for a litre of metallic matched paint for my VW Touareg....worth asking around.

Jas

Ask Ali as he's just sprayed his DD bike using single-pack paint and lacquer - works fine for race gear. [/quote]

I met this Italian guy today called Pepe in Grantham. He restores and imports Ducati singles, mostly 150 and 175cc but nothing bigger than 250cc. Interesting to talk to. His trade is paint spraying and he has offered to paint the fairing for me in 2 part red. Top bloke. He'll be at the BMF - next door in the DOCGB marquee with a couple of his bikes.