View Single Post
Old 23-Jun-2005, 06:09

Mine was beyond grabby. We're talking major shuddering because the clutch was virtually a light switch. All on or all off with the engagement point not always the same. I assume it's because the banged up plates would stick and catch rather than smoothly disengaging. Defintely need new plates. My slave cylinder, as well as fluid I would assume, was changed at the 6000 mile service (under warranty) even though there were no signs of leakage.

Texas is hot compared to the UK, but nothing that warrants any unusual fluid choices under normal use conditions. It's not Phoenix or Las Vegas. The JR comment cracks me up. I work for a Swedish company and am the only natural-born American citizen in a company full of mostly Swedes and Brits. People come over from the home office all the time and ask about Southfork Ranch and JR. People here hardly even remember the show. It was such an over-stylized, over-stereotyped Hollywood version of reality, that no one here paid it any more attention than any other soap opera. Don't get me wrong, it was popular at the time (what, 1982?). But apparently it aired in Europe well after it did here. And of course no one here bought it as an accurate depiction of anything. For some reason, all my German and Swedish acquaintances still watch reruns and expect everyone to own a horse and an oil well. Sigh. Dallas is like any other modern metropolis. The metro area has a population of about 4 million. It has trendy artsy districts, slums, typical middle class suburbs, golf courses, shopping malls, and TONS of corporate national headquarters, including one of the largest concentrations of telecommunications (that's me) and technology companies. Not too many horses and virtually no oil wells around.