View Single Post
Old 28-Nov-2006, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
i agree. one of the reason i changed from my 916 was due to its lack of power/speed. i was constantly getting blown away by il4's even 600's on the straights as it only had 107 at the back wheel. my 999 now has 147 and can happily keep up or beat with the vast majoirty of il4's on track especially if you can exit faster. as for the road its just frighteningly fast tbh and anyone that thinks they need any more will not be long for this world.

Exactly. The great thing about the V-twin engine is the power is so much more useable than an IL4. So those of us who aren't riding Gods can be just as quick as a more powerful litre bike. My ST4S had easily enough useable power to pass some litre bikes on a recent track day becuase I had the confidence in the power delivery to really use it all. It seems the immense power of the IL4's are abit intimidating, I know I'd be more worried about throttle opening on one of those exiting a corner.

So the 1098 is playing the horsepower game a little bit more but I don't think any of us will complain too much. Disregarding the debate over looks, I think that this bike is going to be phenominal to ride on both on road and track.

I can't wait to get my hands on one, even though I know I won't be the next WSB champ. But I believe you can get alot more out of riding one of these than the litre bikes, consequently making it a more satisfying experience. IMHO.