Thread: Diagnostic tech
View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2017, 15:58
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I think these are too basic, or not compatible with the Ducati ECUs.
Although you will probably get it to talk to the bike (over OBD - On-Board Diagnostics - the language that most ECUs can talk in) it won't be clever enough to do things like reset the TPS and Service Light, and that kind of thing, because they are too specific to the Ducati.

You do see some old Ducati equipment come up for sale every now and then but they are rare and very expensive - I think Kev (Skidlids) has managed to acquire some over the years!

I tried a new system called MotoFurore as this comes as a complete kit that plugs into a USB port instead of cables and drivers. The box is about £100 and it's much more a "plug and play" system than homebrew JP Diag stuff. You still need something to run it on, but I bought a £50 Windows 8 tablet off ebay (new, from the Argos outlet!) and it works really well. See pic below (running on my test rig!).

The software is not that mature yet but it does talk to the bikes and it may not work with newer stuff (like the Panigale) but it may be worth checking as a cheaper alternative.

http://motofurore.co.uk/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motofurore.jpg (200.4 KB, 5 views)

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!