View Single Post
Old 03-Jul-2009, 10:47
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
1. Different schools of thought. Best to follow the handbook as you would expect the manufacturer to know best. You'll hear all sorts of stories including racers I have seen unwrapping the bike out of the crate in the paddock and pinning it from the word go.
2. Per Keefy. If oil you are thinking of, over 100 is fine for short periods, but if you are regularly going over 100, change the oil more often, eg a track bike/racer will change his/her oil a more often than the manual says, some even do it after every trackday/race meeting
3. Per Keefy. They're for push bikes, but regularly used my motorbikes. They can get busy in major towns in rush hour with loada of cyclists, some of whom might get a bit shirty if you push your way in - they are designed to let the vulnerable cyclist get away first/safely, but I always buzz down the outside and creep into the box and away. Not recommended if you are new to biking or to busy town traffic.
4. Should be displayed on the bike. Many bikers keep them in their pockets as they can be stolen easily, but if you park up regularly in town, expect to be pulled at some stage if you are not showing one

WeeJohnyB