Thread: Road deaths
View Single Post
Old 08-Mar-2009, 18:20
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Ariel, Ive seen it all Especially on track days ????? So what comes first Experiance ---- Age = Age ---- Experiance Commonsense sits some where in the middle I hope. The whole reason we ride bikes is for the Thrill take away that and get out the pipe and slippers. Do you really think we can stop the young boyracers or the middle aged biker from harming themselves because of there own in-experiance. Like most thinks in life the more you do the better you become, dont try and be the hero 1st time out, all ways run at your own pace. Pace kills not distance, both experiance and age has taught me that. Have we not all been the boyracer at some stage in our lives ? Its only when the 8hit hits the fan and you experiance that dreaded feeling that you did some thing stupid and were lucky to get away with it that it sinks in. Its very rare to have a next time, I don't really have an answer apart from training and riding with experianced people but not everone has that privilage. It will soon be silly season and all those people waiting for the better weather to arrive will be out there,sharing the roads with the experianced and the knobheads and the boyracers. I no it you no it Its down to us, the road user at the end of the day. So ride safe thats all you can do. 4D