View Single Post
Old 08-May-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
But would the cost of an 800 (purchase + running cost inc repairs) be more than for a 748? I'm not so sure.

The difference to me is (potentially) one fully-subscribed, successful DD series versus two under-subcribed, unsuccessful DSC series. I'm suggesting that DD be allowed to "bed-in" before diverting Club resources to a second series.

I'm just thinking aloud too, you know!

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Loz
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
It would be the overall cost that I would be looking at though. If we went down the 2V 800 route then the 748 would be significantly cheaper to buy and would therefore offer you the same overall cost or in fact be actually cheaper.

Sorry Tony, but why would 748s be cheaper than 800s over the course of a season (assuming a conservative one crash out of six to eight meets)?
Because 748's are a lot cheaper to buy when compared to the 2V 800's

Quote:
Quote:
The 2V 900 might be cheaper again. But if we already had the 'cheap' class as the Desmo Due series then I don't see why a slightly higher spec Desmo Quattro (or Desmo Due but larger capacity series) wouldn't be a great addition to the DSC racing calendar for '06.

If you said 2007 calendar, you'd have no argument from me!

Why does it matter? What difference would it make to you, or anyone else if it there were two series on offer for DSC members next year?

Please bear in mind as well that we're merely thinking out loud. I've stated above clearly that I think the current Desmo Due series would take priority over, and perhaps at the expense of, any other series that could get off the ground.