View Single Post
Old 08-May-2005, 23:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Loz
But would the cost of an 800 (purchase + running cost inc repairs) be more than for a 748? I'm not so sure.

The difference to me is (potentially) one fully-subscribed, successful DD series versus two under-subcribed, unsuccessful DSC series. I'm suggesting that DD be allowed to "bed-in" before diverting Club resources to a second series.

I'm just thinking aloud too, you know!

Well there's a few things to consider there. I think that a 748 series could be cheaper than an 2V 800 series - but I only used that as an example because the same gut feeling tells me that a 2V 900 series would be cheaper again. But we wouldn't know without a spreadsheet and a bit of research, which I haven't done extensively.

I think there's a natural symmetry to running a 2V and 4V series within the club.

You do have a very valid point in terms of takeup. If there was a risk that the original Desmo Due series would take a hit then it would have to take priority. A devils advocate position could also be that the DSC will lose racers who want to progress beyond the current DD series and also lose existing racers in other classes that weren't attracted to DD as it stands. Who knows?

Perhaps a bit of research would be advisable ...