View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2006, 10:57
Mille

Mood: :( broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by james81273
thank bu66ery for that. weird thing is it does it only when the bikes around 190f so till i hit traffic everything is happy. Mike from MDR said it would be a power commander to map the issue out even though it has been chipped. Not sure if its a FIM chip in their. Is it obvious when peeling back the sticker on the ECU? and DAFT question but is the EPROM light erase. ( you erase the contents of the chip by peeling back the sticker ontop of them)

the 996 has had the following done. Termis 50mm standard filters and the restrictors removed.

I guess just one of the annoying things i have to live with till i have enough ££ to through at it again?

are you me?

I have a 996 bip in pretty much identical spec apart from an ITG air filter in the airbox.

Mine had exactly the same huge flat area (no way was it a spot).

I tried several eproms, to no success.

The problem was that the mix was down to 1.8%, Steve at Moto Rapido could adjust it to 3.8% which is still a little on the lean side but there isnt enough adjustment to go any further.

My next step will be either an FIM or power commander and getting it mapped.

The eproms will erase in UV if you remove the sticker on the eprom itself, even in daylight if left long enough.

The FIM eprom is identifiable because it sits on a secondary daughter board of its own which plugs into the ECU.

A good setup of balance, TPS, mixture etc got mine very rideable with only a slight hesitation if given a lot of throttle at low revs.

Crust