View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2014, 16:45
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
I have tried sweezing the hoses and this did have some effect, but I have only been able to get a fraction over 2 litres into the system, which means I am 1.5 litres short of filling the system.

Today I started the engine and ran it until the thermostat opened, all the hoses are warm, I read that running the bike for 10 mins at 110. deg C then letting it cool should expel the air, if I had 3 litres or thereabouts in the system I would chance it but having just over half the capacity in the cooling system seemed a bit chancy to me.Or is this what you are supposed to do?

I took the rad off today and flushed it out but it was clean and free flowing, the info I have says to drain the coolant with the bike on the side stand, well the drains are on the left so thats what I did, does it matter if the bike is on the side or centre stand when refilling?

The fresh coolant that I drained out today was pretty clean with just a bit of discolouration, so I'm thinking the galleries are pretty clean.

I have painted the rad headers where there was a bit of corrosion so it will go back on tomorrow when its dry, then I'll try refilling again.
thanks for the input lads any other ideas welcome
Cheers
Phil