Thread: 6 inch rim
View Single Post
Old 10-May-2005, 01:54
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Did a track day on the T8 at Snet on Friday. As I'm a mechanic for a BSB superstock team, there's loads of Metzeler Racetec tyres floating around our pit, no good for the racebike any more but plenty good enough for trackdays. Anyway trouble is the front's ok at 120 but the rears are all 190's. I slung 'em on anyway, the 190 looks a little oversize for the rim, it pulls in a bit but doesn't look horrendous. It fits into the swinging arm ok too. Anyway after a day thrapping round annoying racers in the fast group ( by going underneath them, heheh) the conclusion is they worked fine. I'm not too slow having raced msyelf so feel at least a bit qualified to say what works and what doesn't. So if this helps anyone then you can use a 190 if it's available. I must concede a 180 or 170 would turn better but to be honest I never thought to myself it was turning noticably slower than i'm used to with a 180. Oh yeah, and the other thing I noticed was 190 or 180, it doesn't seem you need a steering damper on these 888's. although Snet isn't that bumpy. Oh and lastly only problem is you can't get the rear tyre warmer on (but we're all careful on the first couple of laps, aren't we...???!!!)