Thread: slipper clutch
View Single Post
Old 17-Mar-2006, 10:47
Mille

plenty of options ...

I've tried a couple of different makes of slipper and the amount of confidence it gives you when knocking down a gear (or three) into a sharp corner cannot be underestimated (for me at least).

I have a sigma performance one on my 996 road bike - great on the track but a bit grabby in traffic light traffic - very hard to pull away quickly.

I also bought a second hand bucci one for my track bike from this very site last year which (so far) has also worked very well - no rear wheel lock ups or grabbiness.

Before buying the bucci one, I was toying with the idea of one of the ebay versions from AT Corse. I recall them being about £350 but not sure if that incuded the plates etc. Apparently these are unbranded DP versions and are direct from the factory. You can pay more for higher spec versions and I think a few people on here have been very happy with them. If you do a search on AT Corse you'll find them. If you are interested, I think I have his number somewhere so you can also speak to the importer / seller aswell - always good for reassurance in my book.

Hope this helps.

simon