View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2004, 22:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Yeti I think that with the layout of the track the first day will be very light on the rubber. If its anything like Almeria itsnot until the 2nd or 3rd day that you start tp push. It looks a lot more demanding than Almeria, but time will tell. You can usually compare corners from one track to another. Its usually the camber that gets you. It looks like a very positive camber on the first right after the start/ finish straight. This will encourage you to go in faster, but has DMC says the next one is slower. Over 3 days at Almeria I got through one SC rear which had already got 1 td under its belt. The final day I put a set of Dunlop 208gps on, the front is still on to this day, but the rear tore up straight away.
I went back to Almeria with the CSS and the same tyres. I did another 2 days with them, the suspension was softened off which cleaned the rear up a bit and then when the pace heated up it got torn to shreds again.
Almeria is known to be very abrasive on tyres.

Unless you are very hard on the front, and I'm not. I would take 2 rears and forget about the front if it is good.

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by Jon]