Thread: Cold Duke
View Single Post
Old 16-Apr-2012, 22:05
Bikes: 748 Monoposto 01

Mood: ?
Cold Duke

Hi Guys an Galls, first post here, so here goes....have had problem with cold engine temp since buying my 2001 748 Mono. Have read up on archive, but nowt that solves the prob. Bike was running around 60 deg. all the time, and only went to 80 after stopping on a long run with ign. on. Worried about overfueling due to ecu constantly detecting low temp. So, have just changed tstat, and with old one off, tested both in waterbowl with seperate w/shop temp sensor. Both started to open at 60 deg. and were fully open at 70 deg.
After swearing at buying unneccessary new tstat, i checked temp sender and gauge by removing and remotely wiring up in hot water, alongside other temp probe, and both were within 2 deg of each other. Refilled with 50/50 mix. Just rode home and temp stayed at 40-50. Call me picky, but would like temp to be 70/80 to get optimum operating temp, and lean running. OK, its still pretty coldish, but just doesnt make sense. Does the engine run so cold that coolant cant get over 60 deg? Any help/ideas wd be great thanks, Benjie.