Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 08-Sep-2016, 12:28

Hello all

Thought I should post here first as I joined a while ago and then never wrote anything.....just been reading stuff!
Anyhow, I'm getting on a bit nowadays but started early on Ducati's, my folks moved house when I was about 12 and there was a 160 in bits left in the shed that my dad gave me....it took a good couple of years but did finally get it running, painted tastefully in dulux housepaint! Its probably safe to admit now that it got ridden quite a bit as well...once I got old enough to take my test I bought a BSA Gold Star on hp and (it cost £99 over a year!) and moved onto British bikes and started at a dealer as an apprentice though a worked a while at a Ducati dealer later, when the Darmah, GTS etc were current. Moved onto cars a few years later and did that most of my life, mainly in motorsport...
So, up to the present day, I took early retirement and decided to pass my time building bikes, I have several projects going, have tried to attach a pic of one....not sure if it worked though!
But the main one, and the reason I'm here, though still in the design and collecting bits stage is a car, a lightweight open wheeled trackday one with a Ducati engine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005 (800x600) (2).jpg (355.7 KB, 8 views)