View Single Post
Old 04-Jul-2006, 11:56
Mille

Mood: :-0
Cool Silverstone GP 3 July 2006

Hi All

Last minute thing, decided to do the GP circuit with come mates who had pre-booked - in the blistering heat (over 30c I think)...I'm sure I was melting!!!

Anyway, went in the fast group...
1st session, decided to take it easy as never done this track, and wanted to conserve my energy for the day - everyone was obvously on race pace from the off :-(
2nd session, started to get my head into gear and work on my lines, still a few passing, but felt a bit more confident. Someone tried a pass on me into club - no chance buster, so he takes the grass to the right at god knows what speed and comes back on, eventually, the other side of club. That one slowed me down BIG TIME!!!
Session 3 & 4 before lunch appeared to be my best, running 2:23s and 24s and guys out there leaving me standing - they were very quick!!!
After lunch, was doing 26's having some fun riding with a 250gp bike.

On a final note...
As a whole, I really enjoyed the track, although very tiring (probably the intense heat) - lots of twisties, which I love, and what is this chicane at the end for!!! - what a waste of time. I just couldn't get it right, each time I exit the big boys are just outdragging me.

Great track - although I do prefer Donnington and Rocky!!!

Regards
Les996 (need a faster bike for those straights)