Thread: Foggy
View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2004, 07:46
BSB Star

There's no denying that Foggy lacks a few graceful genes!! Look at Schmacher in F1, arrogrance is not even close!

I met Foggy once, he was a bit of a fool towards his fans, but he did take the time to put pen and paper and sign a few autographs. But, lets take the measure of what Foggy achieved on the track, 4 titles. I think enough is said. I believe Foggy did cement Ducati a lot further in the world than if he had not ever ridden a Ducati. In this country more than anywhere else.

In 99 i saw him race at Brands, awesome. When he announced he was to retire, and a certain Miss Perry put this question to him, on live TV, and broadcast to the crowd at Brands, his reaction said a lot about him when the crowd reacted... I think he did the humble thing, and then changed his mind about retiring. And, i met him a year later, and he was not the same to the fans in the previous years. I feel, and still feel this, i don't think he enjoyed the attention from the fans or the lime light.

As for hiring Corsa, Foggy said, there's nobody in WSB who can set a bike up like him, and his ability to develop a bike. That is what we need in a rider when we have nothing but a blank sheet to work from. I hear Foggy and Chilli have put the past behind him. Foggy was wrong that day with Chilli............

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by flanker]