Thread: Termi can mods
View Single Post
Old 25-Feb-2005, 23:51
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
why buy 45mm termi open cans . ive reworked my standard 996 cans by using the standard ends & aluminium sleeve dont get me wrong its not as simple as it sounds but now ive got road legal stamped race cans with new stainess steel internals for a fraction of the cost of second hand ones if anyones interested let me know ?
Hi I have just been reading through this thread and would like to just confirm a few details

1/ Speaking for myself I believe Carbon Termi race pipes do LOOK and sound much better than standard cans.

2/ I also like to ride my bikes hard within my own limits, and I would imagine that most Ducati riders would not notice the 1 2 or 3 BHP they will gain by there installation, so until you get in to bigbor race pipes and engine tuning its purely a looks/sound thing is it not?

3/ Race rep is the term used to describe our chosen steeds and the standard cans are probably the first single (or double) step in the list of very desirable tuning see individualising our own bike.

4/ It seems there was a lot of animosity from opposite ends of the spectrum on this but surely you seem to be happy with the sound you crate where as others want to look cool at the pub.

5/ you ask if anyone is interested in this mod but could you tell us weather this is to share your knowledge with us or as a service that you can provide at a cost

6/ we are talking about a beautiful looking bike to start with So how you say you don’t want to keep up with the Jones’s BAFFLES me because an’t we doing that by owning one it the first place.

7/ I hope this lets you know that having the opinion that Termi cans Look the Bo***cks is not a personal affront to your obvious engineering skills

8/ A full service on one of these things will cost substantially more than a set of second hand cans, so to be flippant with the costs of Ducati ownership for us less talented engineers, becomes a standing joke not a boast

Good luck to you fella hope to see you on the road eye to eye although you won’t see my eyes coz I still wear a black visor, small number plate and race pipes, coz they look cool down the pub
and I still get an M O T