View Single Post
Old 10-Sep-2009, 12:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Smile

A grand day out at Donington for a last bimble round the curent GP circuit. Dry with sunny spells and pretty windy.
Had to ride down as my mate with a van dithered about getting booked in so missed out on a place. After the frustration of enduring the congestion of the seemingly endless roadworks on the M1 the No limits Bacon sarnie on arrival was very welcome.
Lord R(6) was in attendance with the Couchster and Lord R’s (t)rusty retainer Charles.

It took a good few sessions to get back into the swoops and curves of Donington.

Plenty of dust was blowing about from the earth movers up near Macleans/Coppice.

There were a good few Ducatis about including a sedici. Donington has effectively no noise limit on noisy days, although some paperwork I saw said the limit was 112db.

The big highlight was following the 1967 MV 500 triple with Jon Cronshaw on board, what a noise. I'd heard it being warmed up in the scrutineering bay, I had to put me ear plugs in to stand anywhere near it. They were giving it a run round as a warm up for the Goodwood revival.

I’d had enough by half through the last session but stayed out to take the session end flag as it seemed appropriate. I hope they don’t bu88er the circuit up too much.

Watched the first two sessions of the track evening then headed back up North.

Ray.