View Single Post
Old 09-Aug-2005, 11:24
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Trust me, you want it to be dry. Donington is a complete nightmare in the wet, so much so, that Loris has said he's not coming back unless they resurface it.

The last race meeting I did there was carnage, bikes going down everywhere. I went out on my CB5 with a wet front and road rear as I didn't have a wet rear at the time. The back was sliding at every corner and bikes were going down all around me, so I decided my health was more valuable than some points and retired after a few laps.

I would not like to be racing at Donny in the wet on road tyres. You might recall I said this at the AGM when you were all deciding on the tyre rules - I said wets for safety reasons. I REALLY hope I'm proved wrong and if it is wet, the Diablos work well and you all get round safely.

What will be more dangerous, is qualifying - has anyone considered that SOT and CB5's will all be on full wets? DD will be moving chicanes to the SOT and probably the Hornets and it will even up the CB5's lack of power a bit. Just a thought.

I'm hoping for a dry track, I may not even bother racing if it's wet, I'm going to Mondello Park for a few days straight after the last race.

WeeJohnyB