View Single Post
Old 29-Apr-2006, 22:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Grib
Quite happy to come along and give you guys a hand, whether it be helping with wheel changes or just making tea Got a lovely, blue GSXR6 K1 in the workshop that would suit you guys down to the ground

Thanks Luce

No doubt you're aware I've been having a text conversation with Tony this evening. We'd be grateful for any help you could give us - even if its just making tea and being supportive. We'll need someone to calculate times on the bike and do pitboards and all that malarkey I suppose!

Yes mate the time keeping is very important ! you have to work out how many laps you do on fuel (Our r1's do 55 mins on 24L) the time keepers have to write down every lap time, real race time, calculate ETA next lap and time pitstops as they are all very important. You are also the first point of contact for the rider and if you don't bring him in at the right time the rider will not be happy with ya as they have just had to push it in as they ran out of juice.

I was doing 2 hour stints at le Mans on time keeping and once you get the hang of it it quite easy.