View Single Post
Old 05-May-2011, 23:21
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I have been holding back on this one, i can see both sides of the argument, Paul we have been M8s for a while now and this is no disrespect to you m8 it just seems to me to be going off at a tangent, i did a cadwell track day last thursday along with another m8 and DSC member but i never tried to encourage other DSC members to come along maybe i should have i dont know.

There has been a hell of a lot of bridge building that has been going on in the back ground as far as the DSC is concerned as i am sure you are aware, without the DSC would there even have been a DSC DD shedual this year ?

I have nothing against people sorting a track day nor do i think do any of the present DSC members team, but if it conflicts with a proposed DSC event then i can understand Ants comment earler on in this thread.

Personaly i dont like taking my 996 or my Bayliss out on track with a load of Jap bikes with riders who seem to think of a Ducati as a target rather than another rider enjoying a safe day on track, i used to love the DSC trackdays mainly because everyone was on a Ducati and showed respect when passing etc after all no one wants to bin a cherished road bike, or their DD bike for that matter, and as you know i even used to travel all the way from Denmark just to participate. So for me i think i would rather wait and see what the DSC team have in the pipe line before putting my name down.

As i said this is no reflection on you or your efforts to get a group of like minded guys together what concerns me is if what the team have in mind could fall flat on its face if its for the weekend after and people have just had a one or two day track day, these people will more than likely through budget constraints not be able to attend a DSC organised event, as far as i am aware other Ducati related sights often have trackdays and encourage friends etc to attend but at the end of the day these are just normal track days anyone can attend, i first joined the club for the "exclutisity" (most likely spelt wrong) of attending DSC related trackdays and events, this lead to me joining DD after having sponserd a few guys for a number of years.

For this club to grow it needs that exclutisity (spelt wrong again no doubt) and while for now i may be a member of the new Membership team, this in no way reflects my point of view on how i feel about this, i would feel the same way if i were just a member, again no disrespect to you m8 but this club has benifited you, not only from the DD racing but also a platform for you to propose this event.

Your enthusiasum is to be comended, maybe you should join the membership team and help the club grow, but to be honest have you considderd the impications of organising a track day event when you are aware that a club one is in the pipe line and that there could be a clash of interests.

As i said this is just my view, the old guard may have just deleted your posts as a conflict of interests thats why i joined the present team, to see that the old ways were buried and that everything was above board.

I hope that all goes well with your proposed event, i just hope that it does not conflict or deter members from joining a DSC organised track day, i dont know the details myself yet but i for one am going to wait and see what is proposed before comitting myself to another venue.

Paul