Thread: 926 kit
View Single Post
Old 24-May-2005, 12:59
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
hey guys, just an update - managed to get hold of a set of 916 heads (at a reasonable price too !!), so the engine build is now progressing.

Also managed to get hold of an ECU chip and will post it's markings as I'm not sure if I can use it or not, but I was wondering if a custom chip would be better suited & who does them ??

The rebuild in general is going well, although I'm having difficulty getting hold of rear wheel bearings and suspension pivot needle rollers - the needle roller bearings delivered from Ducati didn't fit and I've since found that the swing arm and hoop linkage fitted to my bike is from an SP4 - aaaarrgh

So I've had to re-order parts and am stuck with £36 worth of needle roller bearings for an 851 DS - anybody interested...

Does anybody have a source for the relays and fuse body holder that sit under the tail unit ?? at some point in it's past the fuse has gone and blown a hole in it's cover...

I think I'm still on target for a trip to Cadwell on June 21st, which will now be used as a running in session.