View Single Post
Old 04-Sep-2009, 10:00
Montjuic
Bikes: MS1200S, T150V

Mood: Hopeful
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
Ducati needs another great Sport Tourer. Multi-strada is nice, but not quite the same caliber. The ST had poop enough for two up and luggage and 100 mph cruising. Improve on that with maybe a built in GPS/Nav and less heat under the seat and soon others will be singing the praises of the new ST as well.

Good point. I wonder how many can't deal with the 'sit-up and beg' position of GS-style bikes though? Whilst I can't blame Ducati for producing a genre that made up just 3% of their production (seen on the poster at the factory) maybe an anniversary special or something? Don't know what anniversary but I would definately buy one, or maybe two! Why? Cos I love wolves in sheeps clothing. One golden moment out of many I'll share: hottest ever day in the summer of 2003 on the A352 eastbound towards Wareham. There's a mile or so of dual carriageway just past Broadmayne. An Aprilia RSV made a cheeky move at the roundabout and gave it the berries. The road was totally empty. He must have thought, "sports tourer with big luggage on, including tank bag, I'll have im". Err ... no. Let's just say at the end of the mile or so he nearly jumped off his bike seeing me right there at twice what we should have been doing+20 (on the clock of course). Last March I put her (bog standard) on the proper dyno at Carbon Can in Fleetwood. 117.5bhp at the rear wheel. Ducati claim 117 for my model. Top product.