View Single Post
Old 10-Jul-2014, 21:05
Mille
Bikes: Class B 600ss #99

Gearing question

So I was thinking of entering the snetterton round and it apparently has a long straight. This got me thinking about my gearing as I've thought in the past that any straight any longer than cadwell and I'd have to mess about with my gearing coz the bike sounds and feels like it's about to explode at the end of park straight and funnily enough also at the end of cadwell's start finish straight (even though they are different lengths)
Anyway I've never done snetterton before and can't do the test day so if snetterton has a straight any longer than cadwell I thought I better change the gearing.
I've had a look through past posts on gearing and havn't come across anyone using the same gearing as what's on my bike.
The bike is a 5 speed 94 583 ss and came with 14t front sprocket and 40t rear. I've never tried any other gearing ratio as for the tracks I've done it seems fine.
But I do have a spare 15t front sprocket and a 39t rear.
So to prevent my bike exploding down snetterton straight would anyone with a 5 speed 583 share there snetteron gearing secrets?