View Single Post
Old 08-Dec-2012, 16:57
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
I really enjoyed being "an owner" this year even if I was not able to ride, and the chaps who borrowed the bike seemed to enjoy racing in DD.

It would be great for the series if there was a bike people could hire to give it a go.

A consideration would be the wear and tear, engines really do want a refresh after a year racing, that's only 8 rounds. I recon you'd have to charge £200 just to cover the wear and tear)

you don't want someone crashing your bike and taking 2 years to find the money to fix it either,

I think the £500 deposit is an answer, but then who would do it? it would mean that someone would have to find about £1000 up front (not including what the hire cost would be) for the weekend, even if they get £500 back it's a lot to find,,,, and then,,,,, they might not get it back.

I like the idea of a price list, maybe £100 deposit and a price list of common repairs to be added to the £100 if they bin it.