View Single Post
Old 03-Aug-2006, 15:41
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLC Racing
I'm uneasy with the thought of one person running everything! It would be easy for example, for that person to be accused of representing there own views and those of their close racing buddies rather than the views of the majority riders. That kind of pressure for one person... not fair !

That could easily happen now - it doesn't though.

Also, there would be no way of affecting the series to benefit their mates, unless the majority voted in that way anyway.

As I have said previously, this is not a decision making position, it's an admin position where all the main points are set in stone before the season begins, and anything which may then affect anyone, is decided by those people it affects.

I also think that this position should be decided by a vote. Candidates put themselves forward, voted for by the riders in a transparent vote - perhaps at Cadwell by show of hands (then noboby can say it's a fix). Then every season the position is up for grabs. They are accountable for their actions.

Quote:
All riders then become committee members and polling the opinion of 50 odd people is very difficult for the RC at the moment.

There won't be 50 people next year. Also, a process needs to be put in place whereby all concerned can be contacted, rather than just sending out an email to some, and a pronto advert for others. If needs be, send out an initial email, then phone those who don't reply.

Quote:
As we already have a race committee, doesn't it make more sense to correct faults with it(if any) rather than compound those faults with another layer of government!!

Isn't that a wedge!!

I don't think it works as well as it could at the moment, and neither do others - as you can see by the replies above. It's not a wedge, it's an attempt at an improvement.