View Single Post
Old 02-Feb-2011, 16:14
Mille

Question Bargain Hunting (916)

The Winter weather is still with me, so I'm slowly but surely chipping away with the jobs on the Duc'.

I've finally had to concede that, despite my desire to stick with OE parts, the stock clutch <snip> slave cylinder will need to be replaced. <edit>

I think I've narrowed down my search for a replacement to:

1. JHP (John Hackett Performance) - Expensive, but looks the part and feedback it reportedly very good.

2. Oberon Engineering - A cheaper option, and again people seem to have nothing but praise for the product.

Now, I'm sure there's other options (I doubt very much that a 'Corse' part will turn up...) So where the best (e.g. cheapest / most cost effective) place for buying these? Anyone doing any deals?

I'm also lookin' for a set of front disc mounting bolts. I can't find anyone (perhaps I'm using the wrong search) that lists titanium mounting bolts. Now, the only reason that I'm looking at this (if I'm being honest) is not so much for the weight advantage, but in that they are highly corrosion resistant.

Anyone know of a reliable source for these bolts? I'd rather not buy 'Chinese' parts, for something that's so critical.

Thanks

G

Last edited by Gobert23 : 03-Feb-2011 at 13:35.