Old 30-Apr-2013, 09:49
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Ducati revs-up a passionate welcome for new CEO, Claudio Domenicali

Ducati revs-up a passionate welcome for new CEO, Claudio Domenicali
  • Ducati gives enthusiastic support for new CEO, Claudio Domenicali
  • Workers rev-up a ‘Ducati Desmo welcome’ below CEO’s window
  • The Ducati Desmosedici GP race bike leads the impressive fanfare
Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 29 April 2013 – After an emotional farewell to Gabriele Del Torchio last week, Ducati workers prepared for Claudio Domenicali’s initiation as the new CEO of Ducati Motor Holding with a passionate welcome, typical of the iconic Italian motorcycle brand.

47-year-old Engineer Domenicali from Bologna, who has been with Ducati for 21 years, could not have hoped for a better start as staff of the famous manufacturer organised a special display to support him in the new and challenging role of CEO.

Gathering below his new office, the workforce strategically positioned the latest Ducati motorcycles, hand-built in the company’s Borgo Panigale factory, and with the company’s Desmosedici GP race bike leading the chorus, started the engines to rev-up a high powered, Desmo fanfare, bringing the new boss to his window.

“My new challenge could not be off to a better start,” commented Domenicali, enthused by the impromptu ‘concert’. “It is a challenge that I face with pride, passion and extreme gratitude and I will do everything possible to repay the confidence that has been shown in me by giving my own contribution to the further growth of this extraordinary brand.”

Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A – An Audi Group Company
Founded in 1926, Ducati has been producing sport-inspired motorcycles since 1946. Their motorcycles are characterised by “Desmodromic” performance engines, innovative design and avant-garde technology. Covering several market segments, Ducati's range of motorcycles are divided into model families which include: Diavel, Hypermotard, Monster, Multistrada, Streetfighter and Superbike.

These authentic icons of “made in Italy” are sold in over 80 countries around the world, with concentration on the European, North-American and Asia Pacific markets. Ducati competes in both the World Superbike Championship and, with an official team, the World MotoGP Championship. In Superbike Ducati has won 17 Manufacturers' titles and 14 Riders' titles and in 2011 passed the historic milestone of 300 race victories. Ducati have participated in MotoGP since 2003, and took both the Manufacturers' and Riders' titles in 2007.