View Single Post
Old 18-Jan-2006, 22:59
Big Twin

I watched the bloke from Carole Nash fit mine, and it was very simple. If youve got the right tools etc I would have thought a diyer would do it in less than 2 hours? Thinking bout it though do you not have to have it fitted by a pro to get a certificate? I hate the things but they made me have one fitted, its not nice to see someone cutting through you loom with a stanley knife!

By the way, something I have noticed with the datatooll 3 was that when the bloke fitted it I had the bike ready for him on the rear paddock stand however if I leave the bike on the sidestand it emits an annoying peep every few seconds. Of course this is because the bike is at an angle and thinks its being tampered with, so if you mostly leave your bike on the sidestand then get the bloke to set it up so it does not keep peeping at you.

Its annoying really as I end up having the alarm set on ferry mode all the time which means it can be moved about without any peeping or alarm sounds. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one fit though! My bedroom is directly over the garage though and I have 2 large dogs that have the run of the house and garage day and night though so I should be ok.