Thread: 749 Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 04-Apr-2005, 14:56
Big Twin

(sorry to confuse, if I did .. just posted this as Strachs having signed wifey up on the board ... deleted and reposted now)

Hmmm ... Termi race can with no chip? As far as I know, if you want the power increase then you want the remapping to match it. In the case of the 749 it is an ECU change rather than just the chip. I reckon my Termi system made quite a difference to the low/mid-range performance. Woke it up rather nicely. It is loud, but I have pulled alongside a copper in traffic and just left it chugging away on tick over and he didn't take any notice. And that is in Lincolnshire where they have a bit of a reputation I beleive. It is only REALLY loud when you give it some welly, and if you do that in town or when passing an "officer of the law" then you are asking for it. Also, no petition from my elderly and grumpy neighbours yet either, although they might be busy compiling one now!

As for the attachment above, not to my taste. I know when the 749/999 first came out (almost) everyone was bitching about the big box instead of the twin cans of the 748/9xx, but I like the lines and would prefer to have a replacement system that keeps that "unique" look.

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by HW]