View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2006, 23:06
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
'twas a cracking day. We missed out on the BBQ last night, (sorry Jon & Claire) cause we left late and didn't get to Oulton till quite late, had something to eat and a beer and went to bed. Woke this morning to see the BBC TV news with 'scorchio' right across the country and a big black rain cloud over the North West, opened the curtains and true enough, it was raining, begger!!!

First couple of sessions were wet, but a dry line soon appeared and by mid morning it was dry except a couple of corners, by about midday it was dry and stayed that way all day. We got a full 7 sessions in with very few fallers all day, although a couple of DSC boys will need to get the T Cut out.

I was late on the circuit as I spent the best part of 2 hours trying to help two customers get through the noise meter, one of them had travelled all the way from the IOM and was riding a beautiful classic, but boy was it loud, got him out in the end though.

I spent most of the rest of the day instructing in all groups on tyres I should have changed before the previous trackday at Cadwell - the rear is now well out of shape. Tried to help out a few of the DD boys with how to race Oulton and did a few sessions with DSC peeps. Had a session myself with one of our instructors which helped me out tremendously.

All in all a cracking day, met loads of DSC peeps, mixed it with the DD boys and had a great craic.

Sorry if I didn't say hello to everyone, but it was a busy day for us. I'm off to Croft next on Saturday July 8th, then it's of to Mondello for a long weekend - yehaa!!!

Good luck to everyone racing there next week.

WeeJohnyB