View Single Post
Old 30-Jan-2009, 18:40
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Bold is ok, not that great to use, still suffers from poorer battery life than pearl / curve.
Storm the current firmware is far better than launch. nice to work with, dodgy accelerometer, and not too bad overall.
I still use my faithfull 8820 pearl by choice, good battery, small size and light, and has wifi unlike the 8810
for non blackberry devices i have used E50, E51, E65 etc etc infact all the proper E series nokias before they dropped blackberry connect.

If you just want to read your mail with the odd quick "ok" type of reply then any of the E series are ideal.
For a bit more of an essay or attachment viewing then it has to be a blackberry.

Windows smartphones or palms are ok with imap or pop, or even if using exchange push, but battery life suffers unless you get it to sync every 30 mins, unlike blackberrys pushed as i like my mail instantly (infact even before it gets into your outbox if with o2)

o2 do a nice blackberry pay as you use bolt on, which is 2.25 per meg or something, and even kicking the arse out of your mail you wont do more than 2 meg a month in just messages and text.

Vodafone's BIS bolt on is 7 quid or so same as o2 if i recall, but using vodafones BIS service is a bit hit and miss in terms of speed which is a shame as i prefer thier network over o2's but for pure performance with blackberry BIS or BES o2 wins hands down.

As you may have guessed i have worked with blackberry since oh day1 when o2 launched it back in 2001 in the uk. Microsoft sync has its place, but blackberry is secure and does what it says on the tin.