View Single Post
Old 18-May-2006, 13:15
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Croft...aside from being near my front door, I like it for the following reasons:

Awesomely fast in places
Technically challenging with a mixture of fast, medium speed and slow corners.....with some bumpy stuff thrown in.
Plenty of run off
Excellent grip
Decently long circuit
Decent paddock
Decent access road
Easy to get to
Nearby local amenities

I also like Pembrey very much for many of the same reasons except the 400 miles it takes to get there. Pembrey and Croft are pretty much top of the tree for me and suit my style of riding - I tend to do well at both

I love Brands GP but, the high costs of using it puts me off. Brands Indy not worth the cost, hassle or distance for a tiny lap.

Cadwell I like but, the Mountain circuit for me is too slow and too out of date these days - it was ok 30 years ago but, for modern bikes less so. They've made it safer that it was around Hall bends and the Old Hairpin but then ruined part of the whole circuit with the stupid chicane in it.

Lydden is a joke - too small and not enough run off.

Darley Moor is a disgrace - how they are allowed to race there is beyond me. Sheep, trees, wired fencing, massive trenches/holes in the tarmac, grass and earth banking and...... bollards by the side of the circuit Somebody must be smoking something.....
Non-existent facilities.
I refuse to race there ever again.

[Edited on 18-5-2006 by twpd]