View Single Post
Old 26-Sep-2006, 10:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Wow...Still an excellent thread.

Domski and me agree absolutely for once. To summarise my views:

DSC should run DD and work to continually improve it for the benefit of riders and the membership.

DSC members to have a say, or a vote, on everything that goes on in in the paddock and mainly (or only) affects the riders and sponsors? A big fat NO! Members should vote for someone they want to run and administer the DD series and then trust that person to work with the riders and sponsors on those decisions.

A seperate mechanism for DSC members to air their thoughts and views on how DD could evolve, put forward suggestions and opinions and then have them considered by a small decision making group consisting of the MT race bloke, some riders and a couple of others (maybe just collecting all the suggestions into a big pile at the end of each season and deciding which could be followed up) a big fat YES

Ya see, all people really want is a sense that even if they can't race for whatever reason, they can really identify with DD as their series run by their club. They can get actively involved in developing the future of DD even if they have no immediate involvement in the paddock or can't get to any of the races and it all starts to lead to a sense of belonging.

I can't really describe it, but you know how people who passionately follow a Football club feel like the team really belongs to them? They'll never trot out on the park themselves but that doesn't stop them feeling personally involved in everything that the players do. It's like Bayliss is a top bloke because despite being a better rider than all of us lot put together he still makes you feel like you matter.

That's what I would like every member of the DSC to feel about DD and the riders.

All the DD racers I've met individually are also top blokes (and girls), but collectively there can be a hint of "it's nothing to do with you pal...you're not a racer" creeping in from time to time which makes people feel snubbed. It's not a dig at DD or any individual but I think that it's this collective vibe that DD sometimes needs to guard against

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^