View Single Post
Old 08-May-2016, 15:05

900SS fork rot - help needed

Help!
Advice needed…
95 900SS
Friday I noticed a small patch of oil under the nearside fork leg….
I knew that the stanchions would need replacing or replating soon and this was making the decision for me ahead of its MOT.
Start looking on the internet for seals, bushes, stanchions etc and think about posting in these forums asking if anyone can recommend on hard chrome platers in the UK and any advice on the necessary rebuild….

Also realise I need someway of supporting the bike while the doing this job so order a front head paddock stand…

Any ways… Looking on ebay I find these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-900...AOSw~gRV3c~ I
sensible..ish price …what can be up with them?

Then I check out the photos and see the corrosion on the outer/upper alloy tubes….
A sense of growing dread and I go back to check mine….nowhere near as bad but unmissable corrosion eating into the alloy tube…

So now a real dilemma.. No point in sorting seals/bushes or stanchions when the uppers also need replacement..

• Has anyone got a set of Showa GD-011 forks for a 95 900SS in good order they would be prepared to sell?
• Anyone with upper tubes they would sell?
• Any suggestions of alternatives, Ducati or otherwise, that would fit with minimal effort? I guess later SS iE are longer and bigger dia so would need new triple clamps and calipers?

Any suggestions at all would be most welcome.
(looks like I need new front discs too…. Its been sat a while as I work away from home - paying for the neglect now…)

My apologies in advance I have posted this on another forum however this one seems more appropriate due to being UK based.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5204.JPG (53.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5207.JPG (59.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by rspete : 09-May-2016 at 20:36.