View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2006, 20:51
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
1st Muppet of 2006?

OK, I dropped the beast. Would probably sound good if I said I highsided her getting on the gas too early while trying to stuff an R1 out of Charlies, alas I would be fibbing!

Reality was I dropped it on the sencond lap out on the entry to Charlie 1, although I thought I was "cruising" and gently warming things through, I obviously wasn't "cruising" enough! Got absolutely no warning at all, the thing simply lowsided and slid onto the grass.

Busted the footpeg and brake peg and scuffed my no longer shiny new fairings, but was out again next session and the fairings will soon fix up. Despite the right hand lowside, the Corse carbon clutch cover protected the clutch!

Coincidentally, two other riders came off at the same spot, one of them in more or less exactly the same spot - his scrape markes run about 2inches parallel to mine!

So it's official, unless there are some other takers, Yeti claims the 2006 Muppet of the Year award.

FWIW, the track temp today was two thirds of naff all, and whilst the sun came out for a while, it was soon followed by snow/sleet/hail showers!

Ah well, teach me to track in February!