Thread: 916 Heron
View Single Post
Old 12-Apr-2011, 20:08
Bikes: 916

Mood: The start of a new era, great days ahead.
Hi, Like all good things a story useually preceeds it. in this case the 916 was my late fathers bike who surcumbe to the big C 6 years ago. I been a biker took on the 916 and eventually sold my bikes. the 916 is a ££ eater as you all too well know. My dad was from the sheene era and watched the races on his Bonneville. I too have come to like the colour scheme of the Herons Suzuki and thought that a novel yet sympathetic take on to the 916 would give me some great pleasure. And start a little conversation when out on a ride. I am getting a friend to do the work, a famous painter from the small village in Nofolk, and subsequently saving a load of money, (in Ducati terms). It should be finished in a fortnight or so and no i have the hang of resizing the picture i'll be able to post some more. Also if your about Norwich area i'm certain i won't be mistaken for anything else. For the die hards i can only sat Mr Sheene has a looose link with Ducati as he rode a 500cc Cagiva in the early 80's. I have really enjoyed tranforming the bike and in the leaet its allowed me to fill in scratches and give a fresh lease of life in the body work. I also hope to see some of the Ducati sporting ladies and fellas if i can get to soem of the meets. Cheers and more pictures to come.

Last edited by Andydesperado : 16-Apr-2011 at 21:44.