View Single Post
Old 06-Nov-2006, 21:12
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great day today at Donny

Me the boy Huntley and the effervescent Fordie took a little trip out at Donny today with those top fellas at No Limits.

Twas a great day indeed with Fordie on top form on the Duke, while Phil and I took our Jap girls out for a long awaited thrap around the full GP circuit - and all for the minimal sum of £69!!!

Lady luck was shining too, as the weather was very, very kind, with it being sunny and bright all day. A little fresh for the first session, but we soon discarded the fleeces when the second session was announced.

WJB was on hand to keep us honest and with gallons of tea and tons of bacon rolls on offer from the NL boys, all went swimmingly.

Huntley was riding really well on the R1 and even took a session on WJB's CB5 to bring him back to earth - the boy did good.

With a change of gearing and Fordie's first foray at Donny, he opted for the deep end of the fast group and comfortably held his own. The fella was smooth and consistent all day long and rode some great lines out there.

My blade behaved herself nicely, she's a frightening beast, awesome in the corners and a missile on the straights - just so, so fast. So precise and accurate, so predictable and honest - too fast for me no question.

Front tyre wear was kept to a minimum due to the front wheel spending virtually no time on the deck, and even producing a 140mph wheelie as I hit the crest under the Dunlop bridge - scary, scary stuff. I'd just love to get some really sticky rubber on her, some track fairings and really let her loose.

Thanks to the lads for a great day and the NL boys for a great deal.

Can we go Guadix yet????

Tim