View Single Post
Old 22-May-2006, 21:22
Bevel Head

modify a 749 or trade up for a 749R?

What's the general thoughts of people in the know about either trading my 749s in for a 749R or alternatively to just get my 749s tuned by somewhere like JHP?

Reason for my asking is that i go riding with a friend that is definately a slower rider than myself, but no matter how many times I catch him on the brakes and in the bends, his old blade always manages to pull away from me out of the corners if there's no room for me to pass. I had thought of changing to a 999, but i'm turning agains that idea at the moment, since I quite like the handling of the 749, and those with more knowledge on here seem to suggest that the bigger capacity bikes aren't as good for cornering as the 74* series. ( I could be mistaken, and welcome corrections).
But if what I said is true, then i'd just like that bit more torque/power just to try and help reduce the advantage that my friend seems to have with his '98 (i think) blade.

Obviously I know the best way to become quicker is to get some tuition and practice, but this is being considered also...