View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2005, 20:54
wheelspin

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.

The bike is looking a bit roughed up but it's mainly cosmetic, new clip on, parts for the rearsets, water pump etc. Helmet is trashed, boots in the skip, don't think anyone will ride near me if I wear the leathers again.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped on the day. The reason I looked shocked Dave was that I didn't think the guys would be able to cram everything in the van.
But they did Gawd bless 'em.

Thanks to Rooney for being the ambulance driver and for unloading the van and putting it all away! He even washed it for me. Cheers mate.

My bike riding future has now been questioned- not by me I might add- by friends and family. As I run my own business there's no one to do my job and that means I just have to get on with it. I think I've got away very lightly with a couple of broken bones so I'm typing left handed and I've realised I can actually write left handed. If I'd bust a collar bone or something then things would be serious but I'm managing to hobble about and get on with some work.

Hopefully the cold laser treatment will speed up my recovery and I'll be ok in 3 weeks time. During this time I've got to make a few decisions and reflect on what's happened. I had a good day on Monday although I did go grass tracking twice in the same session as I found the limit of lean angle and grip at Charlies 2 and Park. The best session was probably on the wets with a wet track as the amount of grip was amazing. I'd settled into a rhythm on the final session trying to hit the apexes and carry as much speed as possible. I didn't let up after the chequered flag (WJB said not to!) and went into Park as I had before. Next thing I knew was I was flying through the air, hitting the ground and tumbling over and over- I remember thinking to myself "Am I ever going to stop?" When I finally stopped cartwheeling I could hear the roar of an engine and I crawled towards the bike thinking it was still running. A bike went past and the noise stopped! ( maybe you Rus)I was a bit dazed but managed to help the marshall stand the bike up. I obviously highsided but I had no warning so I'm wondering if the tyres had become overheated? I'd like to find some reason for the crash rather than "you were going too fast" because to be honest I'd go the same pace again. I don't know what it is I'll have to do differently to avoid the same thing happening again- which is a bit worrying.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your concerns- may have to change that Avatar now.

Mark