View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2007, 10:51
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
Personally and this is MY opinion,I think its a shame that the MT/WT have to moderate some posts and that some forum users cant be adult enough to moderate themselves.

I dont expect victorian standards of decency but personal insults on public forums is just another form of school playground bullying.

Have to say well put.

The thing is that the law on message boards has changed over the last year or so and now the owners/operators of the message board can be held liable for what is put up there.

Thus if anything untrue/libellous about a person or organisation is put up and they take offence, they can sue the owners/operators of the message board, as well as the person who wrote it in the 1st place, for allowing it to stay on the message board.

Now that the position in law is clear, we need to make sure as a Club that we abide within it.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech, but if you want to be rude about or libel someone or something off you need to be able to prove that what you say is true and possibly be able to back it up in Court. The newspapers have been having to do this for years and they do loose big sometimes. These days a printed appology is often not enough people want a big donation to Charity!